* 1 medium sized Catfish / Pomfret
* 2-3 cloves of Garlic
* 1" of Ginger
* Handful of coriander leaves
* 1 teaspoon of coriander grinded
* 1/2 cup of coconut
* 1 Tomato cut into slices
* 1 1/2 Onions out of which cut the half onion finely.
* 1/2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
* 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
* Salt to taste
* First thaw the fish for about 5-7 minutes. Then wash the fish properly and then cut it into pieces of 1" each.
* Add about 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and little salt and then keep it a side to marinate for some time.
* For the gravy take coconut, coriander, ground coriander seeds, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and one onion. Grind it finely.
* Heat 1 -2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. To this add the finely cut onion and they fry it till it becomes pinkish in colour.
* Then add little turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
* To this add the gravy masala. The masala should be added slowly with little water every time we add. Keep on adding little water and then add the tamarind pulp to it. Then stir it constantly.
* Add the fish pieces to it. Keep it on gas till it boils nicely and keep on stirring.
* Garnish it with coriander and let it boil again for some time.
Enjoy this with Steamed Rice..