Disk Clean Up
The Disk Cleanup tool helps you free up space on your hard disk by searching your disk for files that you can safely delete. You can choose to delete some or all of the files. Use Disk Cleanup to perform any of the following tasks to free up space on your hard disk:
* Remove temporary Internet files.
* Remove downloaded program files. For example, ActiveX controls and Java applets that are downloaded from the Internet.
* Empty the Recycle Bin.
* Remove Windows temporary files.
* Remove optional Windows components that you are not using.
* Remove installed programs that you no longer use.
You can start Disk Cleanup, by doing any of the following:
* Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type cleanmgr, and then click OK.
* Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
* In Windows Explorer or My Computer, right-click the disk in which you want to free up space, click Properties, click the General tab, and then click Disk Cleanup.