Install IIS to run ASP Programs in Windows XP
If you want to run ASP program first you have to install IIS(Internet Information Server) or PWS(Personal Web Server).
To install IIS follow the below steps:
1. On the Start menu, click Settings and select Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
4. Click Internet Information Services (IIS)
5. Click Details
6. Select the check box for World Wide Web Service, and click OK
7. In Windows Component selection, click Next to install IIS.
8. Now its asking service pack2 to install additional services. Use service pack2 CD and install it.
After you have installed IIS, make sure you install all patches for bugs and security problems. (Run Windows Update)