How to Install IIS on Windows 2000, XP and Vista?
Run ASP on Your Own PC
IIS - Internet Information Server - is a set of Internet-based services for servers for use with Microsoft Windows. Your own PC can act as a web server if you install IIS. IIS turns your computer into a web server. IIS is easy to install and ideal for developing and testing web applications.
How to Install IIS on Windows Vista?
Follow these steps to install IIS on Windows Vista:
1. Select on Start -> Open -> Control Panel
2. Double-click "Programs and Features"
3. Click "Turn Windows features on or off"
4. Select the check box for Internet Information Services (IIS), and click OK
How to Install IIS on Windows XP and Windows 2000
Follow these steps to install IIS on Windows XP and Windows 2000:
1. Select on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs
3. Click Add/Remove Windows Components
4. Click Internet Information Services (IIS)
5. Click Details
6. Select the check box for World Wide Web Service, and click OK
7. In Windows Component selection, click Next to install IIS
**Note: After you have installed IIS, make sure you install all patches for bugs and security problems. (Run Windows Update).