Grilled Indian Spiced Chicken and Tomatoes with Tomato Mango
* 3 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut in half
* 1 teaspoon coriander seed
* 1 teaspoon cumin seed
* 1 teaspoon fennel seed
* 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
* 1 teaspoon red peppercorns
* 1 teaspoon green peppercorns
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
* Zest and juice of 1 orange
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
* 3 firm, ripe, red tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
TOMATO-MANGO YOGURT SAUCE:
* 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
* 1 cup sour cream
* 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, washed and finely chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 1 medium jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded, and finely diced
* 2 medium firm, ripe, red tomatoes, peeled, cored, seeded and chopped
* 1 red onion, peeled and diced
* 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
Making Grilled Indian Spiced Chicken and Tomatoes with Tomato Mango:
1. Rinse chicken, and pat dry.
2. Grind spices together in a blender until lightly crushed. Add garlic, orange zest and juice, white wine and the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until well mixed. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade, and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes one each side, basting with reserved marinade. Transfer to a warm platter, place a dollop of Tomato-Mango Yogurt Sauce on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with parsley. Set aside.
4. Place sliced tomatoes on grill, brush with remaining olive oil and grill for about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to the chicken platter, garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.