History of RSS Feed
* 1997 - Dave Winer develops scriptingNews. RSS was born.
* 1999 - Netscape develops RSS 0.90 (which supported scriptingNews). This was simply XML with an RDF Header.
* 1999 - Dave Winer at UserLand develops scriptingNews 2.0b1 (This included Netscape's RSS 0.90 features)
* 1999 - Netscape develops RSS 0.91. In this version they removed the RDF header, but included most features from scriptingNews 2.0b1.
* 1999 - UserLand gets rid of scriptingNews and uses only RSS 0.91
* Netscape stops their RSS development
* 2000 - UserLand releases the official RSS 0.91 specification
* 2000 - A group lead by Rael Dornfest at O'Reilly develops RSS 1.0. This format uses RDF and namespaces. This version is often confused as being a new version of 0.91, but this is a completely new format with no ties to RSS 0.91
* 2000 - Dave Winer at UserLand develops RSS 0.92
* 2002 - Dave Winer develops RSS 2.0 after leaving Userland
* 2003 - The official RSS 2.0 specification is released