1868 Edison's first invention was a Vote Recorder
1869 Printing Telegraph
1869 Stock Ticker
1872 Automatic Telegraph
1876 Electric Pen
1877 Carbon Telephone Transmitter
1878 Thomas Edison founded the Edison Electric Light Company
1879 Incandescent Electric Lamp
1880 223,898 Thomas Edison 1/27 for Electric Lamp and Manufacturing Process
1881 Electric Motor
1881 238,868 Thomas Edison 3/15 for Manufacture of Carbons for Incandescent Lamps
1881 251,540 Thomas Edison 12/27 for Bamboo Carbons Filament for Incandescent Lamps
1883 he observed the flow of electrons from a heated filament—the so-called "Edison effect"
1886 Talking Doll
1889 Edison Electric Light Company consolidated and renamed Edison General Electric Company.
1890 Edison, Thomson-Houston, and Westinghouse, the "Big 3" of the American lighting industry.
1892 Edison Electric Light Co. and Thomson-Houston Electric Co. created General Electric Co.
1897 Projecting Kinetoscope
1900 Storage Battery
Do You know
* Edison received his first patent, of the more than 1,000 patents, in 1868 for a vote counter intended to speed up proceedings in Congress.
* Edison'e first successful invention was the stock ticker.
* In 1877, Edison produced the first Phongraph.
* He passed away at age 84 on October 18th, 1931 - on the anniversary date of his invention of the incandescent bulb.
* In 1878 Edison was appointed Chevalier of the Legion of Honor of France and in 1889 was made Commander of the Legion of Honor. In 1892 he was
awarded the Albert Medal of the Society of Arts of Great Britain.
* In 1928 received the Congressional Gold Medal "for development and application of inventions that have revolutionized civilization in the last
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.