Some of the key statistics that both India and SriLanka carry into the World Cup 2011 Final.
India and Srilanka ODIs at Mumbai
Total ODIs played: 17
|Team || Played || Won || Lost|| NR|| Winning %|
|India|| 14 || 8|| 6 || - || 57.14|
|Sri Lanka || 4 || 2 || 2|| - || 50.00|
- Three Sri Lankan players have recorded hundreds at this venue - 111 by Kumar Sangakkara against New Zealand on March 11 in the present edition of the World Cup, 151 not out by Sanath Jayasuriya against India in the Independence Cup on May 17, 1997 and Hashan Tillakaratne - 104 against West Indies on November 9, 1993.
- Only two Indians have recorded hundreds at Wankhede - 114 off 126 balls by Sachin Tendulkar against South Africa on December 14, 1996 and Mohammad Azharuddin - 108 not out off 94 balls against Sri Lanka on January 17, 1987.
- Only four bowlers have bagged five wickets or more in an innings at this venue - 6 for 27 by Murali Kartik against Australia on October 17, 2007, 5 for 22 by Winston Benjamin (WI) against Sri Lanka on November 9, 1993, 5 for 36 by Damien Fleming (Australia) against India on February 27, 1996 and 5 for 43 by Harbhajan Singh against England on February 3, 2002.
- The average first innings score in seven day games played at this venue is just 238.71
- The average first innings score in ten day/night games played at this venue is just 230.50.
- India have won five and lost four out of 9 D/N games played - winning % 55.56.
- Sri Lanka have won both the day/night games played at this venue - by five wickets vs. India on May 17, 1997 and by 112 runs vs.New Zealand on March 18, 2011
- Sri Lanka lost both their day games - by 10 runs to India on January 17, 1987 and to West Indies by 46 runs on November 9, 1993.
- Of the last ten games played at this venue, the side batting first has won six and lost four.
- Of the total nine day/night games played at this venue, the side batting first has won five and lost four.
- Of the last five games played by India at this venue, they won three and lost two. India have won both their last two games at this venue - by 5 wickets against South Africa on November 28, 2005 and by 2 wickets against Australia on October 17, 2007.
- Wickets taken by speedsters - 57 wickets at 26.05
- Wickets taken by spinners - 44 wickets at 31.48
Record Your trend Predictions
and Win Exciting Prizes on Trendpredicts.com.