you can restore mysql databases from .frm files by just following the steps below,
* Copy your database folders from the data folder("C:\\xampp\mysql\data")
* Paste the database into your new xampp server under data folder("C:\\xampp\mysql\data")
* Now, if you run phpmyadmin, you will be able to see your databases with none of the tables.
.frm files will contain only the table structure and not the data.
* Now, stop MySQL service
* Copy "ibdata1" file from your old mysql/data folder and paste it the new mysql/data folder.
Note: if you need, you can rename the old file "ibdata1" and then paste the copied one.
* Start MySQL service.
* Finally, run phpmyadmin, you will be able to see the database with the all the tables.