Cisco Switch setup procedure when you have uplink ip
by rajesh[ Edit ] 2013-11-01 15:58:41
Here is the Cisco Switch setup procedure when you have uplink ip
Example Uplink Ip : Uplink ip- 192.168.120.216/30
- Create a separate vlan named vlan2
- Assign one interface or port for this vlan (vlan2). Preferably port 24 on a 24 port switch.
- Assign an ipaddress from uplink network for vlan2. As in the above example we have 192.168.120.216/30 for us. We can set 192.168.120.217 for the interface in vlan2.
Example Server ip- 18.104.22.168/26
- Now create another vlan named vlan3
- Assign one ip address from the set of server ip network for vlan3. e.g: 22.214.171.124
- Assign all the interfaces that would be connecting to different servers to vlan3.
- enable uplink redirection : "ip uplink-redirect".
- enable ip route using "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (replace xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with next_hop_ip)