SEO Concerns over Googles HTTPS Handling
Once you SEO's had made the HTTPS/SSL security changes intimated Google about the update in your site.
Google gives you with the following tips to move from http to https:
- Decide the kind of certificate you need: single, multi-domain, or wildcard certificate
- Use 2048-bit key certificates
- Use relative URLs for resources that reside on the same secure domain
- Use protocol relative URLs for all other domains
- Don’t block your HTTPS site from crawling using robots.txt
- Allow indexing of your pages by search engines where possible. Avoid the noindex robots meta tag.
Google's webmaster tools are also updated inorder to handle HTTPS websites.
You must also carefully watch your http to https migration of your website in your analytics tool or webmasters tool.