* There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
* Side by side, 2000 cells from the human body could cover about one square inch.
* Women blink twice as much as men.
* The average personâs skin weighs twice as much as their brain.
* When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
* It takes twice as long to lose new muscle if you stop working out than it did to gain it.
* Youâre ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you arenât.
* Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.
* If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
* The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.
* A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.
* Approximately 75% of human feces is made of water.
* It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
* One human hair can support 3kg.
* Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.
* The attachment of human muscles to skin is what causes dimples.
* Your thumb is the same length of your nose.
* A womanâs heart beats faster than a manâs.
* If the average male never shaved, his beard would be 13 feet long when he died.
* Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.
* Men loose about 40 hairs a day. Women loose about 70 hairs a day.
* The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.
* Your heart beats 101,000 times a day. During your lifetime it will beat about 3 billion times and pump about 400 million litres
* Your mouth produces 1 litre (1.8 pints) of saliva a day.
* On average, people can hold their breath for one minute. The world record is seven-and-a-half minutes.
* The human head contains 22 bones. More on the head and brains
* On average, you breathe 23,000 times a day.
* On average, you speak almost 5,000 words a day - although almost 80% of speaking is self-talk (talking to yourself).
* Einsteinâs brain was of average size (1375 grams - 49oz).
* Over the last 150 years the average height of people in industrialised nations increased by 10 cm (4 in).
* If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, youâll feel thirsty.
* A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water.
* Youâll drink about 75,000 litres (20,000 gallons) of water in your lifetime.
* After a certain period of growth, hair becomes dormant. That means that it is attached to the hair follicle until replaced by new hair.
* Hair on the head grows for between two and six years before being replaced. In the case of baldness, the dormant hair was not replaced with new hair.