7 Reasons Why Developers are Deserting iPhone Apps
There are several benefits to this approach:
1. There is no need to use a Mac or purchase the iPhone SDK.
2. You can use any server technology or language â youâre not forced to learn Objective-C.
3. Existing web applications can be adapted without a fundamental rewrite.
4. There is no need to wait for Appleâs approval. Apple regularly refuses iPhone applications for arcane reasons.
5. Applications and updates can be released instantly rather than waiting 3 weeks for approval and entry into the Apple store.
6. The resulting web application is cross-platform and should work on a PC or another mobile.
7. Since the iPhone user is already using a browser, itâs less of a jarring experience when launching web pages.