Change the stored password in Mozilla Thunderbird
Change the stored password in Mozilla Thunderbird on a Windows machine:
1. To get to the stored password, click on "Tools" -> "Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" icon on the top of the window.
3. Click on the "Passwords" tab on the top of the window.
4. Click on the "View Saved Passwords" button.
5. Under the Passwords Saved tab, click on the "Show Passwords" button.
6. Click "Yes" to see the saved password.
7. If the stored password is something other than "isu" (without the quotations), you will need to click on the entry under Site.
8. Click on the "Remove" button. This will remove the password that is stored in Thunderbird.
9. Click on the "Close" button to close the Password Manager window.
10. Click "OK" on the Options window.
11. Close Thunderbird.
12. Re-open Thunderbird.
13. When Thunderbird opens, it will prompt you for a new password.
14. Click "OK".
You have now successfully changed the password in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Was this information helpful?