This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well.
No plastic containers in micro
No water bottles in freezer.
No plastic wrap in microwave...
A dioxin ! chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles
with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
should not be heat our food in the microwave using plastic containers, This especially applies
to foods that contain fat.
The combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body...
Instead, using glass is recommended, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heat! ing food... You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.
Cover food with a paper towel instead.