On This Day in History - July 7
| Discover today's historical events and the facts. Listed here the time line of events that happened on this day in history |
| Click on the date from the below calendar to know the historical events happened on that particular day. |
|What Happened On This Day In History - July 7|
1941 July 7
World War II: Beirut is occupied by Free France and British troops.
1972 July 7
Dutch Minister of Agt decides to ignore soft drug usage.
1986 July 7
IBM-PC DOS Version 3.2 (updated) released.
2007 July 7
An official declaration of the new Seven Wonders of the Modern World was made determined from a worldwide poll organized by the New7Wonders Foundation.
The New Wonders of the World Are
1. The Great Wall of China ( It is the largest man made monument ever to have been built and is visible from space. )
2. Petra, Jordan ( Petra On the edge of the Desert, was the glittering capital of the Nabataean empire of King Aretas IV )
3. Christ Redeemer Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ( Statue of Jesus stands some 38 meters tall, atop the Corcovado mountain overlooking Rio de Janeiro )
4. Machu Picchu, Peru ( Ancient Inca City built by the Incan Emperor Pachacútec halfway up the Andes Plateau, and deep in the Amazon jungle )
5. Pyramid at Chichén Itzá, Mexico ( the most famous Mayan temple city, served as the political and economic center of the Mayan civilization )
6. The Roman Colosseum, Italy ( This great amphitheater in the centre of Rome to celebrate the glory of the Roman Empire )
7. The Taj Mahal, India ( This immense mausoleum by the fifth Muslim Mogul emperor, to honor the memory of his beloved late wife. )